Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

H4 to H1 Transfer.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H4 to H1 Transfer.

    I am currently in H4 visa, and applied for H1b visa and received my I-797C notice of action. Now i need to go to india to attend a family function, my employer states since he applied the visa he mentioned me as an in-country processing, i can not travel outside US till i get approval. He also states, if i travel outside the states, my petition will be void. Is there anyway i can apply or notify INS that i will be travelling.
    Any help will be appreciated.

  • #2
    Your H1b processing will not get stopped but change of status will not happen if you travel. Not a big deal if you can file another amendment later on or get a H1b stamp when needed. Employer is worried about him making money after Oct 1st.

    Read the forum, there are atleast 20 posts in the past 2 months on the same topic.

    I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.