Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INS is sooo slow.....

Hi,

A company had applied for my H1 in September 2000.
    In feburary 2001, Ins responded back asking for additional evidence.
    The attorney had sent all the requested information in the Last week of feburary.
    Till today it has been over 5 months & all INS has to say is that we shall take 30 to 60 daysto respond back to you.
    As per their records they had received the documents in the month of March.
    The company which had applied for my H1 has informed me that there is nothing they can do as they have waited for 10 months now & they have hired someone else instead.
    Does someone know as to what can i do?
    Is there a wayhow i can find out as to what happened?
    How does one get to know that INS has probably lost the documents?
    An advice on this would really be appreciated.

It happens........

This happened to me too. I came on H4 in May 98 and applied for H1 in oct 98 and went to my home county in Dec 98 awaiting my H1. I wanted to stamp it and come to US and also enjoyed my stay at Home, assuming I will rest well before the job and hectic life begins. But the visa never came.......and my spouse was here in US all the time trying to find out through the company, but no positive news.

Finally my return ticket was about to expire and so I came back in H4 in May 99. My company called me up and said some rfe - for better xerox copies of my passport, the first one was not clear........By the time they replied to the rfe the H1 quota got over and INS stopped proceesing until October. I lost hope and applied for a new H1 through another company in Nov 99 which came through in Feb 2000 and I started working for the new company. My old company called me in May 2000 and told me that my H1 has come thru........ But I never used it........

Applied in Oct 98 and came thru in May 2000, can you believe it, that is INS.........

Sometimes you may be the unlucky one whose application is never picked up..............

There was no problem in my case, just an unnecessary delay...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X