Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-156 online form question

I am trying to fill the DS-156 form online. Question #16 is puzzling me:

This is the one about the various telephone numbers (home, business/office, cell, fax, business fax, pager). I don't have any business numbers to list.

I am unable to enter 'None' as the form pops up a box saying 'Please enter numbers only' and takes me back to the phone number field.

I am also unable to leave it blank (with or without the pre-filled 91). In this case, a box pops up saying 'Please enter your business/office phone number' and takes me back to the same field.

In any case it does not let me continue. I have tried all the combinations I can think of. Someone please help me fill this vexing and frustrating application form .

Are you serious? That is quite ridicolous, if they expect that. I do have a home phone number and cell phone number to list. But these are all my parents' numbers in India I am listing. They are retired and don't have a business number or anything like that. Is everyone expected to have a business fax and pager?!

I might be able to get them to give me a neighbor's office number or something, but fax/pager is getting too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ablor
      I am trying to fill the DS-156 form online. Question #16 is puzzling me:

This is the one about the various telephone numbers (home, business/office, cell, fax, business fax, pager). I don't have any business numbers to list.
      :

Read this post you said.. you don't have any business phone to list and you can't leave that blank so write your cell number. They want these info so if they issue 221g or name check or PIMS delay, they will have some back up numbers to contact you afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Ablor
        Are you serious? That is quite ridicolous, if they expect that. I do have a home phone number and cell phone number to list. But these are all my parents' numbers in India I am listing. They are retired and don't have a business number or anything like that. Is everyone expected to have a business fax and pager?!

I might be able to get them to give me a neighbor's office number or something, but fax/pager is getting too far.

I filled this form for one of my friends last week, I think you can leave pager and fax number blank but you have to provide business phone number. Tried to change country code if you can and give your US number if you can't then give your company's indian branch number. If you don't have Indian branch then you only have one option to give your parents number.....Disregard my previous post as I thought you don't have any indian home phone number
        Last edited by enigmatic10me; 06-01-2008, 03:18 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X