H1B Visa Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Transfer

My company is going to be acquired by another company and the new company will file the application to transfer my H1B visa to this new company. I want to know if I can travel outside the USA and come back while the transfer is in process, or I have to wait until I get the approval for the transfer to travel outside the USA and come back.

The other question is, do I have to have the transferred visa stamped in my passport to be able to come back to the US, or I can use the visa from my old company along with the receipt or the approval?

If the sompany is a successor, no H1b transfer is needed if the new company assumed all interest along with immigration from the original company.

Travel while a transfer is pending is not recommended but possible and you never need a new visa if your current visa is valid for a H1b.

Check forums for travel with pending cases. We have had a few recently. Search key work is clone or cloning.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X