Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1bVisa regarding

Hi admin

My I129 petition has been approved for H1b visa. i like to know certain details regarding that.
    1.How long the petition take to reach me from vermont service center(Will i receive the petition directly or through employer, if thru employer, then mention the things that employer will take care of?)
    2.And what are all the documents i have to get prepared before i go for the consulate.
    3.Shall i pay the visa processing fee in HDFC bank before i reach the documents from the employer or the employer will take care?
    4. Whether US consulate will schedule the appointment dates for visa stamping or i have to fix the appointment after receiving the documents?if so how it can be processed.
    5.how long the H1B visa is valid?

it would be help if you culd provide these details.

thanks & regards
    sathyapriya

Originally posted by sathyapriya
    Hi admin

My I129 petition has been approved for H1b visa. i like to know certain details regarding that.
    1.How long the petition take to reach me from vermont service center(Will i receive the petition directly or through employer, if thru employer, then mention the things that employer will take care of?)
    2.And what are all the documents i have to get prepared before i go for the consulate.
    3.Shall i pay the visa processing fee in HDFC bank before i reach the documents from the employer or the employer will take care?
    4. Whether US consulate will schedule the appointment dates for visa stamping or i have to fix the appointment after receiving the documents?if so how it can be processed.
    5.how long the H1B visa is valid?

it would be help if you culd provide these details.

thanks & regards
    sathyapriya
    Although you had addressed it to Admin, I am posting what I know:
    1. You will receive I-797 Notice of Action from your employer / attorny, time can not be predicted, but latest by August, employer has to send I-129, LCA, Tax, W2 (Please follow thread at Immihelp for complete list)
    2. You should have all your acedemic and work certificate ready, (Passport!), bank and pay details etc,
    3. It is not advisible to pay HDFC visa fees in such advance, HDFC fees payment take about an hour and will be active with in two working days, you have to pay HDFC visa fees
    4. After receipt of documents and payment of visa fees you can schedule your visa appointment at VFS website and can choose the date from available
    5. Petitition validity will be mentioned in Form I-797

Hope it is clear,

Comment

Hi
      thank you for providing the information. Now i got cleared.
      ya i will follow up the immihelp thread.

thanks you

Comment

Hi

Can anybody tell me, how we can know that our petiton got selected or not.

1. See i received the EAC number and also the status of which is approved.
        2. i asked employer to send the copy of the approval(so that i can verify my name and receipt number)
        3. Till now i haven't received any reply so is this meant that my employer haven't applied my petition? if it is so then how they provided me the receipt number.
        4. If the receipt number they have provided is correct then why they hesitate to to send a copy of mine.

can anyone clarif this.

thanks

Comment

Employer is not willing to send you a copy of H1b approval as one can change companies using the copy of approval. Receipt number could belong to any one as well.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I have a question related to this topic.

Is it possible to get the approval transferred to a different company before actually going for stamping?

For example, I work for company A, company B has sponsored by H1 and I have the approval notice from company B. Can I get it transferred to company A(provided B accepts) before I go for stamping? Will there be any questions related to this during stamping?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X