Resume format for H1b transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resume format for H1b transfer

Is there any official resume format for H1b transfer released by USCIS? My new employer is forcing me to use a particular resume format which I do not believe is a good format for a person of my profile. I have 9 years of experience and he wants me to write more about my academic projects/theses etc. rather than my actual work exp.

Are there any chances that transfer gets refused if I stick to my own format of resume?

Don't **** it.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by DMX17
      Don't **** it.
      There is no question of faking it.. The main concern is not to highlight unnecessary details which may make your case weaker. Over stress on academics rather than detailed personal exp of 9 years.

Comment

If your experience and/or education qualify for the specialty occupation and the job, I wouldn't worry about highlighting the school experience. To me, it's not significant at all compared to 9 yrs after the school. There is no format that USCIS likes/requires. On the other hand, putting school experience on the resume is not a big deal if otherwise you meet the job requirements.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Why does the employer want you to mess up your H1b chances? They would be the last ones to wish for it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X