H1B recept delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B recept delay

I have sent my request on April 4, but I didn't get my receipt so far. Is that a bad news?

Yes, most likely.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

that's tooooo bad
      at least the USCIS should give me a notify that I'm rejected or accepted.

Comment

If the application is neither rejected nor accepted, does it mean its in the wait-list? Will they generate EAC/WAC numbers for all applications or only those ones which are accepted?

Comment

No receipt number for those not selected in the lottery. Packet comes back.
          Receipts for people selected in the lottery.
          Receipts for people waitlisted mentioning the same.
          Check out H1 FAQs first!
          http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

I believe USCIS was supposed to inform about whether the applications were accepted or rejected by Jun 2nd. If we still haven't received the packet back does it mean its in wait-list. When will the wait-list be announced, is there a last date?

Comment

I read some time ago that USCIS was expecting about 4 weeks or so to return the packet after June 2nd. That means, one cannot conclude anything definitive until the packet comes back or a receipt comes stating that you have been waitlisted.

One can pretty much lose hope for getting a successful lottery winner receipt.
              Check out H1 FAQs first!
              http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

It becomes hard to accept the fact of not getting the lottery. The sooner one internalizes this fact and accepts it, the better.

One can always take pleasant surprises later on if they get a receipt in the mail and thank whatever/whoever, they believe in!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X