Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

visa transfer question.. pls respond ASAP..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa transfer question.. pls respond ASAP..

Hi there,
    I came to the US in Jan 2008 through an Indian consulting company X.
    In the offer letter from company X there is a clause that I have to give $8000 if I quit the company before completing an year with them. I have signed this from India and sent it to company X as a scanned image through email. Later I have been given one more offer letter without the above mentioned clause as a supporting document to produce before the visa officer during the visa interview. I have the originals of both the offer letters with me. Then after coming to the US I started working for one of company X's clients from April and I am getting payed from April. Now I have offered a full time position in a well known company Y and they are willing to transfer my visa. I have all the required documents/copies and pay stubs for April and May. I am sure that company X will not be happy to relieve me. So I want to make sure that the transfer of Visa happens with out affecting my visa status.

I am planning to start the visa transfer process to company Y first and after getting the receipt number from company Y give a notice to company X. Is this the best way to do it?

I am pretty sure that company X will ask for $8000 when I give the resignation to them. Is this allowed by law? Is there a chance for them to sue me for not giving them the money??

Is there a chance for company X to come back and say that I have not given them two weeks notice? In other words what could be a proof for the two weeks notice to company X?

Is there any potential chance for the USCIS to deny my h1 transfer?

Can company X revoke my H1 after I receive the receipt number of visa transfer by company Y? If they can, How easy is it for them? If they have to pay some amount for canceling the H1 visa they might not do it.

Can I face a situation where company X cancels my H1 and USCIS denies the transfer of visa from company X to company Y? If at all I face this, Is there a chance for me to get my h1 visa status back?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Greg.

You have plenty of quetions on your post. I would suggest you to go through couple of posts on the forum and that will clear most of your questions. Also read the FAQs listed on the mainpage under the H1b section.

Come back and post any clarifications that you need after doing that.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X