Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice

I need help!!!!!!!!!

I am on H4 visa i had some family problems and i came out and staying in shelter now. He is on H1 status now. He gave me the divorce papers and planning to cancel my H4 status. and now he is trying to apply for Green Card. We have a baby boy who was born here itself as i was not able to take care of him in outside thinking that atleast he will get food i gave my baby to him. Taking advantage of it he is not even showing my boy to me now.

I need some lawyer who can help me out from this issue please.........

It is a problem for dependents that are not allowed to work due to USCIS restrictions to handle such things as you would not have enough money to go through the divorce.

A divorce case involving child custody can cost quite a bit of money and you need to seek some help from the local BAR association checking if there are any attorneys that can handle probono cases or ask your friends etc to help you with the finances for the custody battle.

The exact same things that you have thought of will come into picture in the court as well. Who can provide the child a better life, who can take care of the child, who can bear the expenses of the child etc.

The local women shelter could help but probably they only help people of domestic violence. But you can check with them as well and seek any assistance.

For changing status to F1, you need to be currently in your valid status before USCIS can approve your COS. I would suggest you educate yourself about the process quickly and act on it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X