USCIS email "Request for Additional Evidence Sent"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS email "Request for Additional Evidence Sent"

I am in H4 right now. I got H1B selected in a lottery. I signed up for the automatic updates (USCIS website) on my case and I received the following email today.

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On June 9, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or
    information in this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail.

I tried calling my employer/HR and lawyer but they are closed today.

Is it going to be any problem in my H1B? Anyone please advise.

PS: I am panicked as I waited 1.5 years to get my H1B. I maintained my H4 status so far legally till this time. Company I am going to work is a big and legitimate company.

RFEs don't mean a high likelihood of rejection.

Wait to see what the RFE is asking for. If the employer is decent like you say it is and you are qualified for the job, it should be ok.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

I think it could be pertaining to the 1.5 yr gap in your resume. Assuming you didnt work during the H4 period, I hope you have not put up any work experience.
      Logically, H1b is meant for specialized occupation and that long gap in the career may not actually impact the visa possibility but can still require more justification.
      Originally posted by keyboard
      I am in H4 right now. I got H1B selected in a lottery. I signed up for the automatic updates (USCIS website) on my case and I received the following email today.

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On June 9, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or
      information in this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail.

I tried calling my employer/HR and lawyer but they are closed today.

Is it going to be any problem in my H1B? Anyone please advise.

PS: I am panicked as I waited 1.5 years to get my H1B. I maintained my H4 status so far legally till this time. Company I am going to work is a big and legitimate company.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X