Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls suggest - Which H1 to choose

Hi All,

I got H1 visa in April 2008 which was applied in April 2007 after one query and also H4 to my wife.

As there was no job for me with my employer and also he was not ready to provide me accomdation till i get job and the job market was not good - for many such reasons i didnt come to US till now and i have applied for 2008 quota before getting the previous H1 stamped.

Now in 2008 quota also, i got my H1 approved with new employer in first week of june.

I need to clarify:

1. Is it possible to travel with my previous 2007 visa and with my latest approval and can start work with my new employer who applied in 2008?

2. Is it possible to transfer my visa to my new employer after coming to US?

3. Do i need to take visa interview again for the new approval got recently?
    Will i face any problems in getting successful visa as i didnt use my previous visa?

4. Do i need to cancel my previous H1 visa if i can use the new one?

Seniors - Please answer my questions?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers.

Why did you apply for another H1 this year?

Once you are cap-counted and you still H1 time (total 6 years) remaining, you can transfer the H1 and use the remainder time, which in your case is the full 6 years.

Search this forum with "Remainder Option".

1. Yes.
    2. Yes. Once you are in the U.S. on H1, you must get paid all the time. You need pay stubs to do this.
    3. No.
    4. No.
    Last edited by DMX17; 06-10-2008, 01:51 PM.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Thanks a ton!

Thanks a lot DMX17 for your earliest reply!

I didnt have much hopes on my previous year's visa and i was waiting for the query response when i have applied for this year's visa. And that employer turned out to be **** one and neither in position to provide me a job nor in a position to support me till i get a job.

So can i start working with my new employer after landing in US with my previous employer's visa?

And my wife also got H4 with my previous company, Will that visa holds good for her to stay with me or she needs to take new H4 via with my new employer. Please suggest!

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Comment

I already answered your question. Yes, the old H1 and H4 visas are valid to be used with the new I-797. No need to apply for a new visa.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for your time in answering my questions!

Cheers

Comment

Still 596? DMX, you need to bump up your count. I will be taking a 1 week vacation soon.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
              Still 596? DMX, you need to bump up your count. I will be taking a 1 week vacation soon.
              Well, that means I should go easy now and save the energy for later.
              Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X