Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B extension beyond six years

Hi,

Does anyone know whether the Vermont Service Center is processing H1-B extensions beyond six years. I have filed for my extension in December, but news about it being approved.

Thanks,
    Joyous123

after 6 yr extensions are look like in hold...

Seventh Year H1 Petitions Under AC21

As our readers are aware from reading our previous Bulletins there are two provisions of the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act (AC21) of October 17, 2000, that allow for extensions of H1 status beyond the usual 6-year limit. One section allows for an extension if the Green Card process has been started at least 365 days before, and either the I-140 or I-485 is still pending. The other section allows for an extension if one has an approved I-140 petition but is waiting for the priority date to become current. VSC, like the other INS Service Centers, is still holding all the petitions for extensions beyond 6 years, and will not process these cases until further guidance is received from INS Headquarters.

In a separate discussion on February 22, 2001, INS Headquarters confirmed that such cases were still being held as of that date. Hopefully, the needed instructions will be issued shortly.

Comment

posted date

The above news is posted on March 16 2001

Comment

Latest news

Got another news from the same site, dated March 30 2001

Seventh Year" H1B Extensions Under AC21

From the discussion at the meeting, it appears that TSC is processing these cases, even though at least 2, if not all, of the other centers are keeping these files on hold, awaiting guidance from INS headquarters.

Attorneys noted that some cases clearly qualifying under AC21 had been denied incorrectly. They asked whether there was an efficient way to correct the errors, without having to go through the motion or appeals process.

TSC replied that adjudications officers were being trained in the new law, and advised AILA attorneys to discuss any problems with their TSC attorney liaison.

Comment

Re: Latest news

Thanks,

Joyous123

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X