Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help: H1B status for 2008-2009

Hi All,
    Kindly help. I have filed H1B via my employer.
    - should I receive any acknowledgement from USCIS? what is it called so that I can ask the same to my employer
    - what is USC no.? when is it given after filing the pitition?
    - From the prev. post, I came to know that after random selection, I should have received USCIS receipt by 2 June. But my employer said that they have not yet received USC no.
    - How one can come to know that H1 itself was filed or not? I mean do we get immediate acknowledgement by USCIS on submission of petition? I want to know this valuable information so that I will at least come to know that had my employer ever filed the H1 for me or not.

What will I need (any number etc) to track my H1? Somehow I need some info so that I will come to know that at least my so called petition was reached to USCIS and was considered during random selection.

Looking forward for your replies. If anyone has info or links please write back. I checked on immihelp, but could not find ans. to my above questions. May be I didnt checked on right place?

Originally posted by preetu
    Hi All,
    Kindly help. I have filed H1B via my employer.
    - should I receive any acknowledgement from USCIS? what is it called so that I can ask the same to my employer

It is called I797C, the receipt notice with a case number.
    - what is USC no.? when is it given after filing the pitition?
    Not sure what USC number is.
    - From the prev. post, I came to know that after random selection, I should have received USCIS receipt by 2 June. But my employer said that they have not yet received USC no.
    Then you probably were not selected in the lottery.
    - How one can come to know that H1 itself was filed or not? I mean do we get immediate acknowledgement by USCIS on submission of petition? I want to know this valuable information so that I will at least come to know that had my employer ever filed the H1 for me or not.
    There is no way you can find out as H1b is an employers petition. USCIS will not release any information to you. It is not advisable to go with employers that take money to file H1b.

What will I need (any number etc) to track my H1? Somehow I need some info so that I will come to know that at least my so called petition was reached to USCIS and was considered during random selection.

There is nothing that can tell you this. A courier delivery tracking number could belong to anyone and it doesn't say it belongs to you.

Looking forward for your replies. If anyone has info or links please write back. I checked on immihelp, but could not find ans. to my above questions. May be I didnt checked on right place?
    You should have checked in the H1b FAQs. That has this info.
    }

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

EAC number not yet received

Hi,
      I checked with my employer for my H1 status (applied on 1 April 2008)and he said that they have not yet received EAC number for my H1 petition.
      What is the EAC number?
      when should I expect to receive EAC number for the petition filed on 1 April 2008?
      If I don not receive EAC no. what it indicates? till which date I should wait to receive EAC number?

my employer is not providing me much details

Comment

Preetu,

EAC number is nothing but Receipt number,you have received any Receipt number so far that means you are not selected Random selection Process,

But i am not sure either you selected or not??

Otherewiase you can ask your consutant whether the check is encashed or not??

In case your cheeck is encashed means you got selected othewise not selected ..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X