I-94 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 question

Hello Senior members! Yesterday, was reading the some posts and this question came to my mind. Generally, at POE, officers ask us to write PN name and # on the back side of I-94 in “Record of Changes” space based on the visa stamp when you would be standing in the queue and waiting for your turn. Since, this time I will be re-entering with my old valid visa stamp from “A” and new I-797 from my new employer B. What I should write on back side of I-94?

Appreciate your help and guidance.

You should write the name of the current employer. It does not matter what is on the visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      You should write the name of the current employer. It does not matter what is on the visa.
      Thanks txh1b. This might be a goofy question but just in case if he issues I-94 based on the visa (as I know that many time they don’t know the rules and or due to miscommunication and this may create a serious problem for me in the future) what would be the process to correct this immediately at POE? Can I request him to issue I-94 based on new I-797 from new emloyer? Once again, thank you so much and have a great weekend!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X