Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-4 to F-1 and Visa Issue

Hi Folks,

My wife came to US on H4 Visa. Now since got an admission to a School for her Masters. She is planning to go on F-1. We are going to India this year end .Since she is on H4 technically she doesnt need to transfer to F1 immediately. She can study on H4 this Fall and while we come back from India she can apply for COS to F1. (As per her International Student Office)

But here is my concern. When she came to US on H4 there was mismatch of her names on Passport and Visa. Actually on her passport

there was no last name

and her Given Names was Kanta Ben.

On her H4 Visa

her Last Name appeared as Kanta Ben

and her first Name was "FNU".

We never noticed this thing and on her I-94 she wrote

Kanta as her first name and
    Ben as her last name.

Now she changed her maiden name and substituted my last name and she got a new passport from DC which says

her first name as Kanta
    and last name as Shah

To make long story short i just wants to make sure is it better to travel to India and come back with same H4 or is it better to apply for COS to F-1 this Fall and make sure we stamp F-1 Visa in India so that there wud be no first name last name conflict when we come back to States and also everything will match with her SSN and other records later on.

Note : We apply for her Masters after Passport chnage so she will have first name as Kanta and last name as Shah in all Univ records as well.

I appreciate any help in advance.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X