H1 and OPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and OPT

1. i have got H1 approval .Will my OPT be extended ?

2 Also if a person is on OPT then if she gets married then what visa will her spouse get and can the spouse come to us as a dependant?

1. No

2. F2 as long as the person is on F1. Before H1b kicks in, spouse needs to have a timely H4 COS filed from F2.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,
      My company applied for H1B this year 2008 on April 1 and on 1st week of june i received my EAC number from the company( from Dallas/TX). I'm a bit worried/confused about what is going on with my application. could anyone please suggest me what to do because my OPT is going to expire on Sept 24, 2008. Do i need to file for my OPT extension or wait till i know about the approval process? Any replies would be appreciated.
      Thank you,
      Ali.

Comment

Ask you employer if they applied for a COS (change of status) with H1. If this is the case and the H1+COS is approved, you cannot (and don't need) to apply for OPT extension. Your status will change to H1 on Oct 1st if the case is approved.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Hi,
          My case got approved for H1B this year when i checked online it says urrent Status: Approval notice sent. So, what is the next step i need to do? If you could please guide me how to book my date in chennai, india for my H1 visa interview and what are the documents that i need to take at the time of interview and please guide me with some interview visa questions and how to answer those questions.
          Any help from you guys will be appreciated. Please also share your experience of your H1 visa interview with me.
          Thanks

Comment

Man, you are asking too much for free!

Do you own research. You have plenty of time.

Check out H1 FAQs first!
            http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X