H1B stamping for an expired visa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping for an expired visa.

I am planning to go for my stamping and wanted to take your thoughts to see if I have correct documentation.

1. My H1b was going to expire on July 21, 2005. I was in US at that time and my employer filed for extension. I have the receipt copy for the same with notice date of July 15, 2005.

2. The USCIS web site showed that the case has been approved but I did not receive my H1b notice. I asked my employer and they filed for a duplicate approval notice on Feb 23, 2006.

3. I transferred my H1b to another employer in April 2006 with the receipt for my H1b extension and receipt for duplicate notice that was filed by previous employer.

4. I got my new approval notice and started working for my new employer. I have all the pay stubs and all other documents. I never went out of US since then.

But I never received the approval notice\I 94 for my H1 B extension.
    I am now planning to go for Visa stamping. Is the documentation that I have enough? (I have the receipt notice for h1b extension, The receipt for duplicate approval notice request, print out of uscis website saying they sent a duplicate approval notice, print out of uscis website saying the request for duplicate approval notice was approved)

Thanks for the help.

You don't need older I797s for current visa stamping. As long as you can prove that you worked with valid permit/approval (if asked by means of an online print out), you will be fine. Generally, they don't ask.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks txh1b. I truly appreciate your response.

Just to confirm, I have 2 online printouts from uscis website:
      1. For the original application for extension: This says that a duplicate approval notice was sent recently.

2. For the I 824 (Action on an approved petition): saying this application has been approved and a duplicate notice has been sent.

I also have copy of receipt of application for extension and receipt for action on an approved petition.

As per your understanding these should be enough to handle any questions related to that period right.
      My only concern is to be able to prove to them that I was in status at that time.
      Also I was continuously working for the same employer at that time and have pay stubs etc.

Thanks again for your responses.

Comment

You will be fine. Those are sufficient if asked. You will be asked for current employer details only by all means.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X