Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tricky b1 to h1b problem

Hi guys

I have a doubt on how i should go about filling my ds 156 and ds 157 forms for my h1b petition. The problem is that 2 years ago I've been to the USA for a business visit (close to 12 weeks) in an unrelated industry to what I'm in now(Im in SAP now from the last two years). When I went last time I said my profession was business and now its different i.e. I'm a employee now in a MNC company. Will it be a problem if I put the new profession in the DS 156 and 157 forms? Will I be questioned about it? I dont have a problem answering any questions but it kinda bothers me if this will be a problem. I was into IT earlier as well but the company decided that I should become operations incharge and sent me on traning to the USA(manufacturing training). After I got back, I didn't want to do it and finally ended up quitting and joining a new firm and am presently employed as a ERP admin.

Are there in a pitfalls or loopholes in my case?

Thanks

No problems. Your explanation seems logical and do the same if asked by teh VO. No issues. Do not lie on the visa forms.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X