Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Urgent help me..

Hi Friends,
    I applied for H1 transfer and got EAC, but approval notice is pending and not receives. My previous employer told me that we canceled your visa. My wife has H4 with previous employer. She is at India and i want to call here usa.

Q. Any H4 Stamping require for my wife ?
    Q. How I know my previous employer canceled my visa?
    Q. When will my wife come to usa?

I look forward to reply

No
    It is not needed as long as a timely petition was filed for a transfer.
    How can the forum predict this? Only she can tell.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      Whenever she (and/or you) wants. She needs to have a valid H4 visa and your I-797 copy.

txh1b,

Could she enter with only a transfer receipt and not the approval notice?
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by DMX17
        She can. She doesn't need it though as her I-94 will be based on the visa validity date. The OP has to file an extension after his extension gets approved for the H4.

As H4 is dependent on the H1 holder and not tied to the company, it will not matter much.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Coming back to the original question "Q. When will my wife come to usa?"...

I am still laughing.

Call her and find out.
          Check out H1 FAQs first!
          http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

*****l**** or Tarot reader? May be.

Comment

No
              It is not needed as long as a timely petition was filed for a transfer.
              I appreciate for your answer but I got different below answer from another forum.

"Once the previous employer informs that he has canceled the visa then it is better for your wife to go for H4 stamping once your H-1b transfer approval comes in.

Sometimes it is very risk to travel with H4 visa on the basis of H-1B visa of the previous company even though she is your wife. The reason is that the previous employer has already canceled the H-1B visa. "

Now My Question is H4 Re - stamping is Require? Yes or No.
              From where I know my previous employer cancel or not my visa?

Comment

I am still laughing.

Call her and find out.
                Please don't laugh at me. I am very serious.
                My question Mean
                "What is safe time to call her at USA?"
                In H1B transfer process running and previous employer cancel visa"

Comment

She can. She doesn't need it though as her I-94 will be based on the visa validity date. The OP has to file an extension after his extension gets approved for the H4.

As H4 is dependent on the H1 holder and not tied to the company, it will not matter much.
                  This is really great information.
                  let me explain my position.
                  Previous employer cancel visa -> new employer applied for H1B transfer and got only receipt not final approval.

Now Shall I call my wife with H4 along with previous employer?

Comment

Whenever she (and/or you) wants. She needs to have a valid H4 visa and your I-797 copy.

txh1b,

She has Valid H4 visa with previous employer not with current employer.
                    Now Shall I call her at USA?

Comment

Your wife can enter on her previous employer visa. Even you could if you want to. It has been explained clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by pradipsignin
                        I appreciate for your answer but I got different below answer from another forum.

"Once the previous employer informs that he has canceled the visa then it is better for your wife to go for H4 stamping once your H-1b transfer approval comes in.

Sometimes it is very risk to travel with H4 visa on the basis of H-1B visa of the previous company even though she is your wife. The reason is that the previous employer has already canceled the H-1B visa. "

Now My Question is H4 Re - stamping is Require? Yes or No.
                        From where I know my previous employer cancel or not my visa?
                        Whoever answered that in the other forum needs to educate himself/herself more about the law. A petition cancellation by an employer does not result in visa cancellation. A H1b/H4 visa holder can enter on an existing visa if they are going to maintain the same status and remain in valid H1b/H4 status with another employer even if the petition is revoked by that employer and a non-frivolous transfer petition was filed on a timely basis.

She can carry a transfer receipt if needed though not required.

Comment

Whoever answered that in the other forum needs to educate himself/herself more about the law. A petition cancellation by an employer does not result in visa cancellation. A H1b/H4 visa holder can enter on an existing visa if they are going to maintain the same status and remain in valid H1b/H4 status with another employer even if the petition is revoked by that employer and a non-frivolous transfer petition was filed on a timely basis.

She can carry a transfer receipt if needed though not required.

I really appreciate to you for your valuable answer.

Comment

I am still laughing.

Call her and find out.

OMG .. can't really stop laughing

Dude, I can understand you are missing your wife.

By the way, My wife has gone to native to get my passport for my one year old kid !!!!
                            Its been a week now. Can forum help me predict when will she back?
                            I pray to god that she should not be back till I empty out my refrigerator that I have overloaded with bottles of beer

Please help me.. this is urgent

Comment

Please Urgent help me..

Please please help me senior members... its really urgent as in original subject line.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X