Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passport held at Chennai Consulate

Hi,
    I am on H1 and my wife and daughter went to India for vacation.
    My wife and daughter appeared for H4 Visa renewal (old H4 visa stamping expired and appeared for a new H4 visa stamping) at Chennai US consulate on may 15th. During the personal appearance, the lady at the counter did not take any documents given by my company to be given to the US consualte. We waited for a week and called the consulate visa information unit about the delay. They said some administrative processing is going on and told us to wait for a week.
    We did so and we called them and then they said that just to make sure things are fine, they told to scan my work permit and send it to them. I did so. I waited for one more week and called them and they said that PIMS verification is going on and my work permit receipt number is not found their database.
    They also told me to talk to my company and see if the attorney's working for my company can do anything to speed up the proces.

I told so to my company immigration group and they are helpless.
    its been 4 weeks and I dont know what to do and i am frustrated and helpless.

Is there any where i can call and find out whats happening other than calling Chennai US consulate.

Please advice and help me if anyone had gone thro this kind of issues.

Thanks

Passport held in chennai consulate

How long it took to receive passports.Same thing happend to my wife.Is there anyway we can contact them to speed up the process?

Comment

Must be PIMS. It will take 2-4 extra days than the usual time.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X