Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Employee Transfer

Hi All..

I have attended my H1B interview way back in November 2007. The consulate issued a 221(g) requesting additional documents from my employer. I have submitted the same in January and the consulate issued me one more 221g requesting some more documents.I have dropped the documents sent by my employer 2 months back and yesterday I received a currier stating that my visa is rejected with the following note "Your Petitioner does not appear to be either able or willing to provide qualifying employment in the United States in accordance with appropriate laws and regulations" and some other details. While browsing through the experiences section of the immihelp site which I have been doing from the past 1 year or so. I have read an experience where in Anjali got an similar rejection letter from the consulate and later she has changed/transfered her employer and re attended the interview after which she got her visa. The post date of the same is 'April 15th 2008'. My query is "Is there any possibility to change/transfer our H1B Employer??? If so What is the procedure???". Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks,
    Jyothsna

In general, such cases are revoked by the consulate and the visa number recaptured. That would mean no transfer possible.

If USCIS approved a transfer, there may be a chance of error or the consulate might not have "returned the case to USCIS".

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

The consulate has stated that they have sent all my documents back to USCIS. Does it mean that USCIS will look after my case or my H1 is completely rejected??? Is there any possibility of getting my H1B Visa?? or should I have to start it form scratch??

Comment

You should start from scratch as your visa number is no longer yours.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X