Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Applications

Hi All,

I have filled my H1 petition from two consultants and both the applications got picked up in the lottery. I have got the EAC number from one and the second consultant is yet to give the EAC number.

So my doubt is, whether both the applications will be processed or only one of them will be processed. What should I do now ?

Thanks,
    Prashant.

Somoe poor soul ...

... did not get his/her H1 due to this process.

Comment

Originally posted by us2009

So my doubt is, whether both the applications will be processed or only one of them will be processed. What should I do now ?
      When you applied from two employers, did you not expect both to be approved?

Did you not know that once you are selected, both approvable petitions may well be approved?

What to do now? Run like hell.

OR select the employer that you want to work for. You should have done this (i.e. select the employer) before you decided to be a MF.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Work for both of them and get yourself a big phat check. It is just 80 hrs a week after all!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Withdraw one application

Can I withdraw one petition ?????

If there are 2 companies in the US which are willing to offer me a job then what would be the case ? I guess my case is the same and lets see what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by us2009

Can I withdraw one petition ?????
            You cannot because an H1 is employer's petition. The employer, who you express your intent to not work for, could cancel the petition if they want. You ain't got nothin' to do with it. But, if I were the employer, I would sue your axx for a false intended promise.

If I had 2 offers, I would pick one and ask them to file H1.
            Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

But, if I were the employer, I would sue your axx for a false intended promise
              How would that be possible. When USCIS itself says its legal for a candidate to file h1 with multiple employers.

Comment

Originally posted by sachih1
                How would that be possible. When USCIS itself says its legal for a candidate to file h1 with multiple employers.
                USCIS has nothing to do with this issue. This is not my idea; a good law firm warns about the possibility of the employer to take this seriously.

I am talking about big companies. The small DCCs wouldn't do it, I think. They got paid for filing H1 anyway. That's the reason most MFs go with DCCs. Show me a candidate who filed multiple H1s with Microsoft and at the same time Google.
                Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Oh Really!!!

I'm worried now! Even I fall in the same category. (small consultancy though)

So whats the best thing to explain to the other, so that he doesnt file any case against me!!

Comment

So whats the best thing to explain to the other, so that he doesnt file any case against me!!

Like I said, it's highly unlikely that the small DCC would do anything.

How to explain to the other? It's your business.
                    Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

In fact,

I was thinking of negotiating the salaries telling both of them that I have this offer....

huh... new headache now

Comment

I was thinking of negotiating the salaries telling both of them that I have this offer....

huh... new headache now
                        Dang ! You are smart.

Did you not negotiate before accepting the offer? Did you even have written offers? Sounds more like convenience store jobs to me.
                        Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Hmmm,

Yes, but then, it so happened that they started telling 50K is the best etc etc. Agreed then.

Only reason for filing multiple was, last year mine didnt get selected, and this year, there was a rumour that it would be 3-4Lakhs of application etc and most of my friends had filed multiple. That forced me

Comment

Most probably, I would go with the one who filed it for "FREE" since he is more transparent, he is paying less, but my heart says that. (I know its sentiment, and there is no sentiment in business... but still...)

Comment

As long as it is not exploitation, it is better if the employees show the same trust that employers showed towards them. This builds the rapport and then after 6 months, you can negotiate the salary, if needed.

It should not always be about money. There are a lot of scumbags out there as employers and goodones should be respected.

By then, you would have established yourself and found out more about the system here. You can even move to the other employers that have H1b approved later on after you are here.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X