Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel to US on H4 after H1B approval

Hi,

I have H4 and I am in India. My spouse is in US on H1B. I also got through lottery this year in 2008. I want to visit US from 15Aug 2008 to 11th Oct 2008 on H4 visa status then I will come back to India.

1. Can I travel in this period?
    2. Is there any problem, when I will go for stamping of H1B at Indian Consulate?

Thanks

Can be done. No problems. Look at other similar threads.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

travel to US on H4 after H1B approval

Hi Thanks for the reply. But I was told, on 1st Oct the Status of H4 will change to H1B, and I-94 of H4 will not be valid. So do I need to give any application for change of status while going back to India. I understand that I need to go to India for H1B stamping, as I filed my case from India.
      Last edited by diwalok; 06-22-2008, 09:31 PM.

Comment

That is possible only if a COS (Change of status) was approved while you are in US. If not, the automatic COS does not apply to your case.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X