Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension stamping at Matamoros

Hi -

I finished my MS in 05 and joined a consulting firm and I am with them on my H1 (expiring Oct 1 '08). I never went to stamp my H1. I applied for my extension and got the approval notice couple of days back. Now, i plan on going to stamp my H1. So, should i sent the consulate my old 797 information along with the new one for PIMS? If so, how do i do that? (email or mail)? Is it required in the first place?

Also, while filling out the DS-156 form, i noticed a question that asks whether your visa application was ever rejected in the past? In the past, my F1 visa application (when applied for the first time through drop box) was rejected for w/e reason i am not sure off, but when i went in for in-person, i did get my F1 Visa. So, what should i put in the DS-156 form in that section? Answering yes or no to this section effect the chances of me getting the Visa.

Also, I have been working for different clients and been changing my residence manier times, but never filed AR 11 forum to update my address. Will this be an issue? Am i required to update all my past address using AR 11 forum now before i go to stamping? I gave my employer my current address while he filed for my H1 extension. SO, do i still need to file my AR 11 application.

I Would so greatly appreciate your response to the above questions.

Thanks,
    kaanha

H1 extension stamping

Hi there! all of the senior members.

Please someone reply to my post. I am very nervous about my situation.

Thanks
    Kaanha

Comment

PIMS verification is done by the consulate at the time of visa stamping. You can try to email them the appointment and I797 copy ahead of time. But it is up to them if they want to do it or not before your visa stamping.
      You have to mention all rejections truthfully and that has no impact on the current visa stamping. AR11 filing is mandatory and not optional. That has to be done for the latest address and there is no point in doing it for old addresses. It is important to file for the latest address and again, that has no impact on the visa stamp but can lead to deportation if not done while you are in US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1 extension

Thanks a ton for the reply. Thats definitely a relief.

While filing for my H1 extension, i gave my attorney my new address. Now, do i still need to do the AR-11. Doesnt USCIS have my new address automatically since i renewed my H1 with my current address.

I would so greatly appreciate your reply.

Thanks
        kaanha

Comment

Originally posted by kaanha
          Now, do i still need to do the AR-11.
          Yes.
          Check out H1 FAQs first!
          http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}