Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to work to indian company from USA with H4

Hi All,

I am indian citizen. I have job in india. This week only i came to USA. Still i am having job in india. Here my question is, is it possible to work for indian client.

Thank you.
    Last edited by haritha111; 06-24-2008, 11:43 AM.

No.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      No.
      Even though i am indian citizen and not earning any money from USA right. I am planning to work remotely to india. Still it's a problem.

Comment

Yes, No work legally allowed while you are on US soil on a H4.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

You can not work on a H4 or B2 visa. You have not stated on what visa you have gone to USA.

Comment

Originally posted by ramabalaji
            You can not work on a H4 or B2 visa. You have not stated on what visa you have gone to USA.
            Yes. But i am not going to office. simply i am planning to work from home to india remotely.

Comment

Doesn't matter ...

... you're working in United States on a visa that does not allow you to do so.

Whether you get the remuneration in US or India does not matter.

Hope this makes sense, else you can go ahead and do what you go to do and bear the consequences.

Good luck.

Comment

If you want to work, you should not remain on H4 visa status inside the US boundary. Simple and plain. ILLEGAL!!

Comment

Not being able to work is one of the disadvantages for H4s. You and your spouse should have understood this before coming to US as it is well documented and certainly not a secret or unusual question.

You may attend school, volunteer, or sit home and watch TV. You may not work - not for a company, not babysit, not tutor, nothing.

Comment

Nor can you open a beauty parlour in the second bedroom of your apartment as a business, nor prepare desi food for catering

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X