Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa Status

Hi,

For the year 2008-09, I applied for H1 visa and was selected in the lottery. My employer notified me that my check was debited from my account and now we are waiting for the receipt number. But till date we haven't received the receipt number. After talking with my employer today I found that the receipt number was lost in the mail or not mailed correctly to my attorney.

So in this case what should be my next steps? Also, how can I get a confirmation that I will be/will not be getting the H1 visa for the year 2008-09?

Thanks
    Sachin Jain

Receipts can be lost in the mail.

You cannot do anything, you employer has to be proactive to make sure everything goes smooothly.

However, this whole thing smells fishy to me. Not to discourage or scare you, but just because we should weigh both positive and negative possiblities, its also possible that your application was not selected and so your company has no receipt number for you. And now they dont want to return your money back to you so they are down to playing games now. So here comes the big question: Did you pay for you H1 visa processing??

I sincierly hope that your receipt is lost in the mail (USCIS will forward a copy upon request) and that the visa processing goes smoothly for you. Good luck.

Comment

Well, the back side of the check that the attorney/employer wrote to USCIS has the receipt number printed as an alternative. The employer may not want to give it to you as you can switch with that info once the H1b is approved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1 Visa Status

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.
        I ask the employer today and they did gave me the EAC numvber that was there on the back of the check. But she said that she wasn't sure if it was mine or someone else as it wasn't that clear. So with that, should I assume that all the process went smoothly and just wait for the petition.

Also, you mentioned that with that EAC number I can change to other employer. How will that work out do I need to provide the new employer the EAC number or will they be needing the complete petition too?

Thanks
        Sachin

Comment

Originally posted by sachinjn
          But she said that she wasn't sure if it was mine or someone else as it wasn't that clear.
          No, the above is still a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by sachinjn
            Also, you mentioned that with that EAC number I can change to other employer. How will that work out do I need to provide the new employer the EAC number or will they be needing the complete petition too?
            You need an approved EAC that belongs to you for sure. It is much better if you have the actual approved I797.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X