X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Stamping and Transfer

Hi
    I need some information about H4 Visa.
    I have stamped H4 Visa for my Wife and Daughter with my Previous employer petitions.
    Now i have transferred my H1B visa for new and i am suppose to get new petition. I have got my new H1B Reciept from USCIS

I am planning to Bring my wife and daughter in next month. As per USCIS they need to have original petition with them at port of Entry.
    I have old petition with me based on which H4 visa is stamped.
    Can you please tell me whether i need new origianl petition also at the time of port of Entry. Can i call her here even if i do not have new petition with them?
    Also is there any cross check like company address and job location at port of entry. The reason i am asking is because if she told all my previous employer details will they ask why she is coming to houston.
    Also please advise shall i ask her to tell that i have changed the job and new petition is in process.

please guide me as i do not have any idea on this.

Do i need to transfer her visa to new employer

She can travel with the old employer visa and the receipt notice. There is no need to hide or say that you are working for the old employer and it should not be done.

She will be allowed in with the receipt, valid visa, your recent paystubs etc.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H4 Visa Transfer

Thanks you reply.
      Can you give me more details about this. If you have any link or URL on this then it will help me a lot.
      I have a copy of new Empoyer Reciept Notice with me. Original is not with me. Does she need to have the copy of new reciept petitions.
      Please help. give me link where i can get all thess details
      manohar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X