Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 status when H1b transfer is pending

Hi

My h1b trasnfer is pending, got an RFE letter and my company is working to send the documents asked by USCIS, meanwhile my and my wife's visa expires in 2 months,what will happen if my h1b is not apporved on time?

do i have to send my wife out of contry and bring her back once my h1b is approved?

please clarify

Thanks

The company should have applied for H4 I-94 extension as well along with your H1b. if not, do it ASAP.

The visa does not determine your stay in the US but the I-94 does.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanx for fast reply, i am gonna talk with my company to apply fr h4 extension, mean while my wifes 1-94 expires in 2 months, since my h1b approval is pending will her h4 extension will be in pending status too? if so can she stay after 1-94 expiration date since h4 extension is pending?

please clarify

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ramanathan28
        if so can she stay after 1-94 expiration date since h4 extension is pending?
        yes, provided the application for extension was delivered to USCIS before the I-94 expires.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X