X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woking on L2 with H4 applied.

Hi,

I am working in L2 with EAD.
    My spouse is working in company A with L1.he got his H1 for the another company B under counciller process.planning to apply h4 for me.

He wants to work for company B from october with H1papers (without stamping the H1 visa).

Can i continue work with EAD till the H1/H4 stamping?My EAD is valid till Feb 2009.

thanks.

No, you may not continue to work after Oct.1. Once he is on H1B your L2 and EAD is no longer valid since your L2 is dependent on his L1. Working will be illegal employment. You need to arrange COS to H4 to coincide with his H1B date and plan to terminate employment.

Comment

First of all, as your husband's H1b is a CP case, he cannot work on H1b from Oct 1st without a visa stamp. If he wants to work for H1b employer, he has to get a visa stamp or the employer has to file an amendment to change his status (as well as yours to H4, very important) and wait for that to be approved before he can begin work.

Once approved, forget about the L2 EAD and it has it's value as long as your husband is on L1.

No H1 and L2 combinations allowed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X