Non-Compete agreements when sub-consulting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Compete agreements when sub-consulting

I am working (H1) as a contractor at a client thru a sub-consultant. My employer does not deal with or interact with the client in any possible manner. Everything (billing, contract renewal, establishment and termination of contract..etc) is thru the sub-consulting company ONLY.

The sub-consulting company has no problem in my getting employed with the client. But my employer is saying that since I have a non-compete agreement with him, I cannot
    join the client.
    Now what confuses me is that the client is not actually a 'client' of my employer, its the sub-consultant who is the client of my employer. And, the 'client' is a client of the sub-consultant and not my employer (correct me if I am wrong).

Now as per my understanding, the non-compete would come into effect only if I join the sub-consultant. @#%$t it ? Or would it hold true even if I join this client ?

Any input will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks much.

As per my understanding, the non-compete would come into effect only if I join the sub-consultant.

But it would really depend who your contractor/employer/client wrote the agreeements.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X