Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Query in case i leave usa for one year

Please find below my queries for immigration office

1. If I go on Medical leave for than 12 weeks on FMLA, will my H1B be cancelled or will it go out of status in case My comp terminates me .
    2. If I come back after 4-5 months and will like to continue working with with same compnay or , i need to apply for totally new H1B or just be change of status?.
    3. In case if it will ne new H1b application, will that fall in H1B- quota category or would I be issued H1b out of Quota.

1. You will be out of status if company terminates and you are residing in the US.
    2. Where are you coming back from? If you are outside US, #1 does not apply. If the H1b is valid, no new H1b needed for same employer.
    3. Not needed. Check and read some posts on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1b query

Thanks for your help

1. I am leaving usa for one year on 30 aug 2008 and my H1b is valid till 2010. Might be my compnay will terminate me.So in that case Do i need to transfer my visa to some other compnay before I come here or do i need to apply new H1b

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X