Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Misspelt on H1 B approval

Hi all,
    I came to US on h4 and got my H1 around March 2000. My name has been misspelt on the approval. And i need to get stamping as i want to visit INDIA. But i am scared where they'll reject on the basis of the name. After my H1 approval i got my Social security ID just with my correct name and i contacted the lawyer who applied H1 and he told me it doesn't matter as my full name appears even though in a wrong way.

ex : on my passport it is YYYY YYYY ZZZ surname
    On H1 it is YYYY YYYY ZZZ surname

Letters everything is same only first as middle and vice versa..Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

I had similiar problem in my h1b approval form..my middle name and last name got reversed, but when went for stamping at chennai , they didnt tell any problem and i got it in correct form.after coming here i told my lawyer about this .. he told the same thing ..he also advised me to start using the name in the correct way when i apply for SSN,DMV, opening bank accounts and all..so far i didnt have any problem ..hope this will help you..
    -Raj.

Comment

Originally posted by rmr125
      I had similiar problem in my h1b approval form..my middle name and last name got reversed, but when went for stamping at chennai , they didnt tell any problem and i got it in correct form.after coming here i told my lawyer about this .. he told the same thing ..he also advised me to start using the name in the correct way when i apply for SSN,DMV, opening bank accounts and all..so far i didnt have any problem ..hope this will help you..
      -Raj.
      Hello friends, I have a related problem. My passport had my Surname column blank and instead the entire name has been mentioned in the Given-name column as "LASTNAME FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME1 MIDDLENAME2". I did not notice the error till I got the Visa stamped. They picked up the last component from the Given-name i.e. "MIDDLENAME2" and put that in the Surname column (on the Visa i.e.). So now on the Visa my surname is "MIDDLENAME2" and the Given-name is "SURNAME FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME1". All my other documents I-797, I-129, Degree certificates etc. have the correct name.

Please can someone advise if this can be a problem at the port of entry / SSN / Driving Licence or later. I am still in India. Should I get endorcement from the PP office stating my correct last name? Should I get a new Visa stamped with the correct last name?

Thanks for ur time.

Varuun.

Comment

My first name is misprinted in H1 approval notice I-797. What shd I do to fix this? Will this create any problems when I go for stamping? How long will it take to correct this?

Instead of 'Madhu', it's printed as 'Mandu'. Someone pls help!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X