H1 status says Denied (Urgent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 status says Denied (Urgent)

I have transferred my H1 recently and now the status says my H1 has been denied. I received a new offer from company B and I am waiting for them to file my H1. Does this mean I have to leave the country? Please let me know.

Thanks

Read this first and modify your questions based on the info you gather here.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Questions

I had a H1 with Company A till Jan of 2008. Then applied for transfer of H1 from Company A to Company B.

There was an RFE on this petition and now it is Denied.

In the mean time, I received an offer from Company C. They should start my petition pretty soon.

Do I have to leave the country? I have a valid Visa (of Company A) till the end of 2009.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

When will they apply?
        When did you receive the denial?
        Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

I797

Company C wil apply in a couple of days.

I subscribed for email updates from USCIS and received the email tonight at 5:00pm EST.

Comment

I would advise you to apply the new H1 as a consular processing and entering with a valid visa with the approval notice.
            Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Please explain

Could you please elobarate your suggestion?

I have a valid visa and I am waiting for company C to apply for my H1.

Comment

consular processing

What does consular processing mean? Please xplain.

Comment

You are out of status. What was the RFE and reason for denial? Consular processing means you'll have to appear for an interview at a US consulate outside of the US to apply for the H visa with your new approved petition.

Comment

don't know yet

I don't know the reason yet. I just saw the email notification and it says I will get the reason and my chances in a few days.

Do I have to leave the country immediately? Or can I use my existing visa (Valid till DEC 2009) to stay here?

Also, will my new H1 be under the lottery process as well?

Please let me know.

Comment

You are out of status and no other status changes are allowed inside the US. You can go back to your previous employer and begin work if the I-94 is still valid.

New transfer will not be approved. Like others suggested, go with CP for it and enter once it is approved if going back to ex-employer is not possible.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

h1

If my H1/I797 from company B is still valid then can I use that for transfer? If it still valid I am not "Out of the staus" is this correct?

Comment

I am not able to connect the dots here. Your OP says Company B has applied for transfer. Now you say the I797 from them is valid. Is B your ex-employer, current employer or future employer? Be clear and specific for the members to provide proper guidance.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Sorry...I am tense and gave you the wrong info.

Ok.

I was working with company A till Jan 08. I received an offer from Company B and they filed for my H1 back in Jan 08. There was an RFE on it. In the mean time, I received an offer from Company C. Yesterday, I received a otification saying my I797 of company B is denied.

My questions are -

1) If Company A's I797/H1 is still valid, can I apply for transfer using Comapny A's I797?

2) If not, can I apply for H1 elsewhere and continue working in USA?

3) this is a new question.

I am trying to find out from company C if they filed for my H1 already. If they already did, then am I OK?

If they didn't would premium processing help?

Comment

1. I797 is not an issue. That is used to just prove that you were cap counted in the past. Your status without a paystub is the issue. You can go back to A and work and get a transfer done if possible. Otherwise, it has to be a CP case and you should leave immediately if you have no plans to appeal.
                              2. #1 answers this.
                              3. Probably not as USCIS will approve that case most likely as a CP rather than EOS. Better go with premium for that so that you do not gain unauthorized stay. If that gets approved as a CP, you can go out, come back with a valid visa stamp that you already have and begin work for the new company.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X