Question on L1->H1->GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on L1->H1->GC

I am on L1-B and trying to transfer to H1->GC in the future for the same or different employer. H1-B trial this yr was not successful. After reading some posts on this forum I was left with few more questions.

1) Can one get multiple H1-B applications filed through different employers to increase the odds in the lottery? (It seems true as per my readings on this forum)

2) Is there any difference in the processing steps/time of L1->GC and H1-GC?

3) Can the employee get promotions/location change in addition to salary hikes during L1-GC time? (I understand salary hike is ok)

4) I would like to change the employer if there is any luck in H1 nxt yr. Since there is no guaranty for this, is there any advantage/disadvantage for me if I start my GC process now and analyze the situation once I get H1 in the next 1-2 yrs?

5) Will changing L1->H1 impact GC process?

I do have few more ques on GC process but I think I should read those forums before posting ques.

Thanks

1. As of now yes, in the future, depends.
    2. No, GC is for future employment. H1b can get extended past 6 years. L1 cannot be extended past the period.
    3. Position cannot change and has to remain the same as what was petitioned in the labor petition.
    4. You can get it started now as it is for future employment.
    5. No.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X