Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Time Jobs

Hi,

I am on a H1B Visa & pretty free after 3 pm and would like to work as a part time in some department store.

is this legal ?

Regards

Hi,

I dont think you can do that. (unless he pays you by cash)

Comment

Illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by sachih1
        (unless he pays you by cash)
        Hmmmm.... No point talking here. Plain Illegal

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Right,

Thats the only option he can choose (ofcourse illegal)

I just got a passing thought now.... what if he works on freelance projects posted at net and get paid via paypal.

Is that also illegal?

(FYI: I have seen in few of the websites, like college students looking for a programmers to complete their home works and they pay upto 100$)

(Dont shout at me for asking all these weird question and taking the topic away from the original thread.. it was just a passing thought)

Comment

Any kind of work on H1b for other than the petitioner is illegal. It does not matter if you use pay pal or cash or get paid in another country. It is illegal.

A person is not a criminal until caught. That does not justify one to commit a crime though. Above all, you should report such postings to the professors as plagiarism is serious academic dishonesty and is dealt with accordingly by the University.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X