Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b entn pending process - Help please

Hi,
    I have applied for my H1 transfer&entn in Nov 2007 and received RFE for supporting documents.(Vermont center) My company replied with passport document(s). Since Apr 17th INS confimred the receipt of documents, and stll waiting for the approval.

I need to travel to India asap, please let me know how long the process may take or makign this as premium at this stage would be of any help?

I spoke to my lawyer and mentioned to me that adding this as premium doesn't help like.

Any inputs would be of great help.

Not safe to travel but not impossible either. I would not recommend it unless it is a true emergency like life or death especially as yours has been pending for so long.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Risky

Sairam,

Yes it is risky to do this. I was under the same situation a couple of months back. You are smart as you asked this question before you went to India. I posted this question from India.

The thread txh1b suggested was mine.

As txh1b suggested, I wouldn't recommend it either. But if you have to go, then make sure of the following.

1) Take a I797C (Receipt that you applied for it, you and your wife (if married)) document with you.
      2) Take your latest pay stubs along and some recent utility bills. (I know this sounds ridiculaous but I have seen them asking for these in secondary inspection).
      3) Take any other supporting documents.

Hope this helps

Originally posted by txh1b
      Not safe to travel but not impossible either. I would not recommend it unless it is a true emergency like life or death especially as yours has been pending for so long.

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41162

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X