Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-h1-h4

Hi,
    I came to U.S. on F2 visa (F1 dependent, my husband was a student) in March 2006 then i got my own H1 in June 2006 with my employer. But i am not working and i didn't have any paystubs till now. Now my husband is working and his H1 visa is in pending. So, i wanna change my status to again dependent (H1 dependent).

My Questions are

1. Is it possible to change my status to H1 dependent with out need of my paystubs?

2. If it is possible how can i go for that, what forms i need to fill out?

3. Even though i got H1 i didn't go for stamping. if i changed my status to H1 dependent then is it any problem for stamping?

How was the H1b approved in 2006? Was it a Change of Status? Did your employer get an attached I-94 with it? That determines if you have to lose sleep over the situation.

If the above is true, you are in BIG BIG trouble.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,
      I didn't get you. Please clearly tell me the trouble. Yes, i changed my status from F2 TO H1 in 2006.

Comment

You have been out of status for more than two years now. You are in deep problem and might be subject to a ban from US.

Once a H1b COS is approved, you are no longer on F2 status and have no choice but to join the H1b employer and get paid all the time. That is the law.

Talk to a lawyer. You need it badly!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X