Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please provide info:its urgent

Hi Everyone,

I have my old visa from old comp.stamped till 30 Sep 2008 and my wife has H4 valid till 30 sep 2008.Now i have changed my company and get the new approval till feb 2011..So as of now we both have the stamp of old comp valid till sep 30 2008...My wife wants to visit India on 20 July 2008 and wants to come back to US on 12 Sep 2008...

1.Can she visit India and come back to US on her old H4 visa valid till 30 sep 2008 safely without any tension?

2.Can she stuck at port of entry In such case when she has her visa stamped till 30 sep? only 18 days left in expiry of old visa

3.To fly back to US, Is it required that we must have our visa valid atleast for 30 days..as my wife is having her visa valid for 18 days on the day she is flying from India

4.If in any case, to come back safely to US she needs her new stamping with my new company with new valid date. Can she get her H4 Stamped from India, as I do not have my new stamping of h1?

5.Is it safe to get her H4 stamp at this point of time ....when one of my friend,an employee of my new copmany is stucked in India and charged 221(g) case and being refused his H1 visa twice...his case is still pending?

Please give me your suggestions..It will be heplful for me to take any decision

Thanks in Advance
    Shelju

1. Yes
    2. No. She needs to carry the new H1 approval notice copy or H4 extension notice copy to get new I-94 till that 2011 date.
    3. No. Who told you that?
    4. She does not need new stamp if you follow #2. Yes, she can get a stamp all by herself without a stamp on yours if she wants to.
    5. Why not? If your job is good and have been in status, no issues with H4.

In short, a new visa is not needed for this trip.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X