Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/H4 Extension Applied - Returned to India before extension approval

Hello Sir/Mam,

My H1 and wife's H4 vis expires in Oct 2008 and so we have applied for the extenion through our employer in May and got the receipt number.
    And due to the sudden project closure we have returned to India in June.

I am confused now whether out extension case will be approved or not?
    And even if the extension case is approved, Will we get the H1/H4 extension while we go to the consulate for the interview since we have returned to India before the visa expires.

Please clarify.

Your fears are unwarranted. The petition will get processed as Consular Processing. You need a visa next time you want to enter if your existing visa expired.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

So our H1/H4 visa extension will still undergo the process by the consulate.
      And also our departure from US before visa extension approval will not cause any harm during our visa extension interview in our country right?

Please clarify.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Did my answer suggest anything different?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X