Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 transfer in VSC

Hi,

Currently I am in H4 and my visa is expired. My hubby works for company A and last september we got the extension until 2010. In Feb my hubby changed the company to B.

Company B applied for H1 and H4 transfer in VSC. But still it is pending status VSC is processing applications for Aug 2007. So we decided to go for Premium processing.

Now the problem my hubby H1 got apporved but mine (H4) was still in pending status. When we checked with USCIS they told that there is no premium processing for H4. But while sending the Form I907 we attachted my receipt number. But they didn't consider.

Now i am planning to go to India. Is there any way i can expedite the H4 transfer ( I know there was some expedite service) or any other way to expedite the process and get the approval notice?

Please help me

Just carry the receipt of H4 application and get a new H4 visa stamp and return.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

So no need to wait for new approval notice, still I can go for stamping with the new receipt and previous company h4 extension right?

Comment

Yes, H4 extension does not depend on the company. In fact, USCIS should not have even accepted your H4 extension with the company change as your H4 was already extended. The company need not have even applied for the extension as there is nothing to extend.

The extension from ex-employer is fine for you to remain in valid status and to get a visa stamp if asked.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X