Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer Query - Please Help

Hi,
    I ahve applied for H1B transfer in Nov 2007 where I changed from company A to Company B. Company B has applied for transfer & extn in Nov 2007. In April USCIS sent RFE/query asking passport copy.

Its been more than 4 months since INS received the response on Apr 17th and still waiting to hear back from INS.

Any suggestion on how long it may take. I have an emergency to travel to india.

Senior's please recommened how can I expedite the same.

Thanks for your help.

Do you know of any red flags in your immigration history such as being out of status? Why was the PP copy demanded?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. No, I do have clean history. Think the RFE was about the duraiton of the stay. I was in US earlier in 2002/2003 for 9 months and in India for 2 years and came back on new H1 in 2006. INS thinks I have been here since 2001 which is more than 6 yrs. Hence my companys replied with details of the stay mentioned that I was out of country for 2 yrs and re-entered in 2006. Bcz I have applied for H1 transfer/extn with the new company.

Any inputs pelase.

Comment

Pay $1000 and convert to PP. It is a simple RFE.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Could you please let me know if making premium processing can be done now. Somehow my lawyer mentioned that we can't convert to PP now as seem to be this is beyond the processing dates. do we need to have any specific reason to make this as premium.

Appreciate your help and inputs.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

If it is a security check delay, PP will not help. Otherwise, PP can be done anytime.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

hi Txh1b

last time I asked abt my I94 issue...
              my H1 xfer from CSC is pending for more than 3 months and the LUD date in the USCSIS site is still the same as receipt date, does it imply anyhing? if REF or sec delay or anything? or they havent even opened my application

Comment

No one can tell but USCIS.

Comment

Hi,
                  Thank you for the inputs. Could you please let me know how long the process may take once we make this as PP.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm not sure if PP will help now. PP is to get an initial response within 15 days. Accept, reject, or RFE. Now after getting an RFE I'm not sure your case will still processed on a priority basis or not.

Call USCIS or consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Any case can be PPd except the ones in security check delays.

Comment

Txh1b
                        yes I found the first LUD change few days back for my transfer, from your expereience are you aware that how many days I am away from the approval now? a week?

Comment

Cannot say. It could be another RFE or approval itself next. I have not tracked LUDs on H1b cases and thankfully none of the H1bs had to go through RFEs for me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X