Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Plz!!! Is H4 visa valid with stamp "Without Prejudice" on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Plz!!! Is H4 visa valid with stamp "Without Prejudice" on it?

All

Help please !!!

My wife's H4 visa has stamp - "Without Prejudice" on it - Embassy put this stamp when she went for our daughter's stamping with new petition.
    H4 visa was stamped using previous company's H1B petition.
    I changed my employer and received new H1B approved petition now.

I want to know whether H4 visa is valid or not i.e. whether she can travel to US or not.

Please respond asap.

Thanks in advance.
    -Srini

Canceled without prejudice visa is not valid for travel. She should get a new visa if she has no other valid visa stamp.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

There is no cancel...it's only says "Without prejudice"

The stamp only says "Without prejudice".There is no cancel in the stamp.
      Please advise.

Comment

There is no such stamp on passports. The one I talked about is the only one I am aware of. Why in the world would they stamp across a visa if not to cancel it?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Ya,The consulate officer didn't even tell my wife when stamp it.

Comment

She needs to apply for H4 with your new company's petition and pay-stubs.

Comment

Hi,

I am telling my experience- regarding "Without Prejudice" stamp.
              When I went for my new H1 Stamping from Company A - I had already some H1 and L1 Visa stamped in my passport from different companies

Old H1 visa was expired.
              L1 Visa was still Active - But from Company B

Officer stamped - "Without Prejudice" on both my Old H1 and L1 Visa.
              When I asked him the meaning of the same - He said that these Visas are now not Valid and in order to avoid confusion in passport to know which is the Valid Visa- they put this stamp.

So for your wife , if they put this Stamp -it means they have just made old H4 Visa- Inactive and she has to have new H4 Visa on her passport from ur new company.

Hope it helps....

Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X