Extension of H4 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension of H4 Visa

My visa is expiring in sep. But i intend to goto India in Nov. My concern was if I apply for h4 extension here in US and my visa application is pending can I goto India? Will my visa application be processed.

You can go. But return with a new visa stamp based on your husband's extension of H1b. There is nothing to extend if one leaves the country in terms on I-94.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I guess I have put in wrong way. My ques was . If I file I 539 form to extend my visa through USCIS.Can I go on pending application. I am not filing from India. Is there any restriction on leaving US on pending visa application.

Comment

No restrictions to leave but extension can get denied as the person cannot be extended without a valid I-94. If you leave after the I-94 expires while the H4 is pending, this denial might be construed as overstay.

Bottomline, very safe to leave if your I-94 is still valid. As a pending extension period is considered period of authorized stay, even a denial would be not proactively applied but apply from the date of denial only.

You should be fine even if a I-94 expires but you are taking chances. Talk to an attorney for better clarity on the issue and post back on the forum as to what they say.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X