Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 Queries

Hi,

Iam really in a position to need help from you guys.Could you please help us.I came to US in Nov '2007 on H4 and which is going to expire on sep'2008.

And i have appiled for H1B and it got approved on 10 June 2008 (received approval notice). H1 Pettion applied witout COS ( have been told by my employeer)

Due to some family emergency reason we need to travel to India in November 2008.

we have applied premium processing for H1B and H4 extension in july 2008 since my husband H1B and my H4 visa is expiring on sept 30 2008.

If I receive my H4 extension, can i travel on H4 and return to US in November2008 on my new H4 stamped and later apply for COS from H4 to H1 (as suggested by my employer)?

Is my H1B valid in that case after reentry to USA on H4 or it will be cancelled for any reason?( since it is valid from 1 OCT 2008)

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
    Deepika.
    Last edited by Deep2008; 07-14-2008, 10:21 PM.

It is valid.

BTW, emergency is something that happens without notice. Your so called emergency in Nov 2008 4 months away seems to be pre-planned

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Deepika, I think u need to go for stamping in Nov 2008, Isnt it?

Are you trying to go stamping on H4? If so, I am not sure H1 will be still valid or not

Comment

Planned emergency

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X