Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping Question

Hello,
    I am currently in the US on H1B. My wife is planning to go for H4 visa stamping at New Delhi. Here are the questions:

1) Do I need to send her the original I-797 approval notice or a photocopy would be sufficient?

2) Do I need to have a valid visa in my passport? My previous visa based on old H1 has already expired.

Thanks a bunch for the help.

Regards,
    Kamal

1. Original
    2. Just a valid petition is fine. Visa is not needed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b for the quick response.

While I was waiting for someone to respond to this thread, I also called the visa service agency in India. Their response was exactly opposite.

They mentioned that it is OK to have photocopy of the petition but I need to have valid visa in my passport.

At this point, I am confused about these requirements. If you have any more info, please share.

Regards,
      Kamal

Comment

They are definitely worng about the visa part for sure. A copy could be acceptable (due to PIMS) but sending the original is the best option.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X