Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused between H4 and F1

hi All,

I need your expert advise in my case. I am a fresh physio therapist from india. My husband got H1 and hence I H4. Now since I am on H4, I could not work in US. So I am looking for a solution to get work in US. My questions are:

1. Can I apply for H1 next year? I don't have any exp since I am a fresher.
    2. Can I study in US based on H4? But since I am on H4 I can not work and I heard that education in medical field is very costly in US.
    3. Should I convert H4 to F1 for further study and get part time job as well? What is the procedure to change H4 to F1?
    4. If my F1 get rejected then can I be on H4 or I have to re-apply for H4? To get F1, will I have to travel back to India?

Please advice.

Thanks in Advance,
    Diana.

Study and work in US

I need your expert advise in my case. I am a fresh physio therapist from india. My husband got H1 and hence I H4. Now since I am on H4, I could not work in US. So I am looking for a solution to get work in US. My questions are:

1. Can I apply for H1 next year? I don't have any exp since I am a fresher.

---- Yes, you can

2. Can I study in US based on H4? But since I am on H4 I can not work and I heard that education in medical field is very costly in US.

---- Yes, you can study on H4. Medical education is expensive in the US, and on H4 you pay a higher fees depending on the state and the affiliated university. However, in the end it may be worth it

3. Should I convert H4 to F1 for further study and get part time job as well? What is the procedure to change H4 to F1?

---- You can, if you want to. But there may be no need if your spouse is earning a good income on H1. The procedure to change to F1 is ask the college/university where you are seeking admission to iniitiate the process

4. If my F1 get rejected then can I be on H4 or I have to re-apply for H4? To get F1, will I have to travel back to India?

---- You can continue your stay on H4 and there is no need to reapply your H4 or go out of the country for H4

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya.

According to you if I am on H4 then I will have to pay more than anybody who is on F1?

Please advice.

Regards,
      Diana

Comment

Not necessarily.

F-1 pays international student tuition and fees

H4 at a state university MAY qualify for in-state tuition and fees. In-state tuition generally has a residence requirement in that state of a year or more. Residency must be demonstrated with things such as drivers license issue date, lease, etc. If you are a new resident to the state, you will pay out-of state tuition and fees. It may depend on your spouse's information since you are not financially independent.

The international student office should be able to help you determine your classification.

Comment

Each university treats H4 in a different way. The university can give you specifics if you qualify for in-state tuition.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X