Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 work contract

Hello,

Could you tell me what are the benefits a person should look from a consulting agency before joining the them on H1B visa ?

Also, I heard that the consulting agency make people sign contract for 1 - 2 years so that a person should not leave them. They threaten employees who leave them ? Is this legal to do ? What are options available if a person is in the state where the employer is harrasing him on the contract period ?

Please let me know.

Ah!

Did you know you can search through this forum for all your answers and much more?

You can also use the advance search option with key words.

If you feel you've been wronged, just change your employer and move on for now and THEN consider taking action against them.

Good luck.

Comment

Can I transfer my H1 to an another employer if I'm in the contract period ?

Comment

Look, it is a right to work country. Your contract has nothing to do with USCIS or any other employer. Only parties involved in the contract are bound by it. Not the next door neighbor.

You can have the H1b transfer done but what your employer and you have in the contract determines if you have to pay any damages.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X