Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Employer Lost my H1b Receipt Notice (I-797C)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Employer Lost my H1b Receipt Notice (I-797C)

I have changed my employer on May-26-2008. My H1b transfer process is going on.Currently I am on project and I am also getting my paystubs.
    I asked my employer last week for my receipt number of H1b Transfer.
    He gave me the receipt number which is behind the cheque(which was submitted to USCIS along with the application)
    I asked for the receipt number's hard copy. But the employer told me that its lost in transit.

I have following questions:

1. is it possible that USCIS write Receipt number behind the cheque when any employer submitted H1b Transfer application?

2.How can I trust to this receipt number because when I enter receipt number to check my online status to this link (http://www.immihelp.com/timings/tracking.jsp) ,it just display the status “Case received and pending.” but not my name there, so how can I trust to this receipt number that is it my receipt number

3. How can I get the duplicate hard copy of my receipt Number?

4. Will it create any problem in future because I have no Receipt Number as well as approval?

5. If in future my employer terminates me for any reason and at that time I don’t have my approval nor hard copy of the receipt number, would I be able to do H1 transfer to another company?

Please suggest me what should I do in such a situation.

1. Yes. Ask them for a copy of the check to see if it is your case and name in the memo.
    2. You are right. It could belong to anyone.
    3. Most employers lie about the receipt getting lost to prevent attrition and buy time to make money.
    4. You definitely need a copy of approval. Otherwise, the employer should apply for a duplicate. I think it is for I864 or 824.
    5. Your concerns are valid.

Many statues require approval I-94 to extend Driving License. Get a copy saying that from your employer. Travel and visa stamping are good excuses. I think there is no way a receipt and approval can get lost and your employer is lying as hell!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

How do we have the recept number is ours ? Is it that in the hard copy, the receipt number and name is also mentioned ?
      Even I have the same problem.

Comment

Can someone reply this ?

Comment

Yes, I797C has the name.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks you for your quick reply. I really appreciate it. I have following question to ask you.

1.How should I contact USCIS in the above scenario? Is there any email id or phone number of USCIS where I can contact?

I want to contact them directly and ask whether they have actually sent the Receipt number to my employer and my employer is lying to me about it. Does USCIS get any acknowledgement once the Receipt number is delivered to my employer?

2.How can I get the receipt number from the USCIS directly without letting my employer know about it?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X