Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Status change from L1 to H1B

Hello,
    I am working for company 'A' on L1 visa and my H1B Sponsor 'B' opted for automatic status change, that means I can not work for my current company 'A' after Oct01,2008 , but I don't want to leave 'A' immediately . I am trying to figure out different possible ways , so that I can continue to work for Company 'A' for another 8-9 months.

I have following questions :

1. Can company 'A' request for status reversal to 'As IS' if yes , does it mean that my H1B will become invalid?
    2. If I go to India on 30th Sep and come back to USA in Oct without doing my H1B stamping , so would I face any problem , will my L1 be valid ?
    3. If I come back to USA in Oct without stamping , will it make H1B invalid?
    4. If I go to India before 30th Sep and get my H1B Stamping there and then my company 'A' tries to take H1B to its name , will it be feasible , if yes how long does it take.
    5. Is it possible to get H1B transferred without working for its sponsor. ( being in India/USA)

Looking forward to hear from you.

thx
    Piyush

Did you try to look in the forum? These are answered once a day.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Anyway, here you go....Just spend some time looking on the forum for your own good as you will learn more than what you need.

1. No. They have to file for L1 extension meaning they will come to know of your H1b plans.
      2. Search from leapfrog. No issues.
      3. No
      4. Yes. 2-6 months but you will face the same problem as that does not allow time for notice to L1 company and you have to quit immediately upon COS approval.
      5. Yes.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X