H4 to L1/B1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to L1/B1

Hi.. I am currently in US on H4 visa. My ex-employer from india is setting up office in US and want me to work for them from US. Back in India i had worked with them for 9 months before moving here. Now, plz tell me-

a. can i at all get an L1 visa? if not wht r other options?
    b. will i definitely have to go to india to get a change in visa status?
    c. my husband's GC is being filed for.. can my visa and his GC be inter-related in any form?

Looking forward to early replies. Thanks

a. No. EAD or H1 are the options.
    b. Depends.
    c. Only if you have been added and filed your I485 you will get EAD to work.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

what about B1 or B1 in lieu of h1

Originally posted by txh1b
      a. No. EAD or H1 are the options.
      b. Depends.
      c. Only if you have been added and filed your I485 you will get EAD to work.

... is B1 an option? if yes, will i have to travel to india to get B1.. secondly, what abt B1 in lieu of h1 as an option.. how practical is that?

Comment

Originally posted by deephoenix
        ... is B1 an option? if yes, will i have to travel to india to get B1.. secondly, what abt B1 in lieu of h1 as an option.. how practical is that?
        This possibility has been frowned upon by USCIS due to abuse and is no longer feasible unless you are here for short term business meetinge, knowledge transfer, trainings etc.Many foreign companies abused B1/B2 visas for making the visitors work rather than for which the actual purpose of visa was granted.

Chnaai consulate website has more on the possibility of option. Check it out.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

hi deephoenix,

I am also in the same position.
          I am on h4 with some good exp, applied for h1b but didnt get selected in the lottery, bad luck!!

Finding so many options like L1B,etc.

Dont know how to proceed. pls let me know if you find anything .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X